Monday, June 29, 2015

Signs of Diabetes Be Aware

My personal story is that I was diagnosed with diabetes in April of this year around the 10th of the month. Since that time, I have gone to a 2 day training on what diabetes is all about and what I should and should not eat.

I say should not eat because I'm still dealing with the changes that I have had to make. I feel like I am doing pretty good in that, my blood sugars have been in and near the range of 125 to 170 depending on what I eat.

I am trying to do the right thing. One of the medications I currently take is Metformin which was doing a number on my GI system, so my Dr. changed it up a bit, to be in combination with another medication that is a slower time released medication. Personality, I do not like taking synthetic medications, so as I get my blood sugar under management, I will look into alternative medicines that do the similar things, without the side effects.

If you have followed my post on diabetes, some of the Doctors in the videos seem to think there is be hope to be medication free. I promise to bring my experience to you, however this particular blog post is about recognizing the signs of possible diabetes, so that it can be recognized and addressed, before irreversible damage is done.

I don't know when it started exactly, however I do recall in my quest to loose weight, I had been working out 2 to 3 times weekly and lost approximately 50 pounds, and on March 28th, 2014, I lost my father, which I have to say was a big loss for me. Talk about taking the wind out of your sails!

It seemed my world had changed and it had. My workouts became less and less and looking back I unconsciously began to notice that I didn't have to try as hard and I still continued to loose weight it seemed effortlessly.

I always drank a lot of water because that was the habit I got into due my workouts, one thing I did notice was that I was urinating more at night. I would get up approximately 3 to 4 times a night, but I discounted it, because of the amount of water I drank.

I was oblivious to what was happening, although I noticed little things, but discounted them. My advice to you the reader is to take notice of the following symptoms:

•Dry mouth.
•Increased thirst.
•Unexplained weight loss
•Increased hunger
•Fatigue
•Frequent urination day or night
•Blurred vision.
•Headaches.

If you come across any combination of these symptoms, please go to your Dr. and get checked out! Who knows you might just be saving yourself a whole lot of health complications.

To your health!


Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment